Historic Posts, Camps, Stations,
Tachi Farms Prisoner of War Branch Camp
The third camp was at Tachi Farms in the
old Tulare Lake bed. This POW camp was activated on November 21,
1945 and contained an estimated 250 prisoners sent from a POW
camp at Glasgow, Montana. The prisoners were housed in tents supplied
by the government. The men picked cotton at various locations
in the valley. On January 2, 1946, this camp was deactivated.